Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Last First Day

Today was the first day of classes at Emerson. With the plan I have for the rest of my college career, this semester will be my last in a classroom setting. I find it rather bittersweet. I've entered and enjoyed (and sometimes dreadfully internalized thoughts) in classrooms for about twenty-two years. That's a long time. Many moments I no longer remember, but the feeling is still there. The excitement to learn something new, the fear of a group project, wondering if I will carry weight this time, giving myself a little pep talk about the journey ahead.

However, I was able to jump on in and engage with the class, give my thoughts, some of my knowledge, and go out on a limb to share my dream. I anticipate my toughest semester yet as far as discipline, but I need to make this count. I must end with a bang, and then, I shall intern.

Bring on the water cooler (publishing reference, it's okay), but first, bring on the homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment